ATTENTION ALL CNG CUSTOMERS
The Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is a high-pressure gas for which specially designed and fabricated seamless cylinders manufactured in accordance with prescribed standard used in vehicles. Only the valid licensees/ retrofitters are authorized to convert vehicles to CNG at their respective facilities. The general public is, therefore, advised to use only the Brand New imported CNG vehicle cylinders in their vehicles certified by Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO)-Nagpur and The mounting of the CNG on-board
cylinders shall conform to AIS:028.
All vehicle owners are, therefore, informed for their own safety and interest that they should: –
- Use only the approved brands, imported, seamless brand New CNG cylinders manufactured as per relevant standard and satisfy themselves about their genuineness and fitness before purchasing/ installing it from the authorized/ licensed retrofitters.
- LPG, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Acetylene cylinders are not meant for CNG use. Never use these cylinders as they cannot withstand CNG pressure of 200 Bars and therefore will explode causing loss of life and property.
- Never install CNG kit/ cylinder in the vehicle from any un-authorized road-side conversion workshop/ outlet.
- Never install a cylinder which has been fabricated by joining two halves by means of male and female threads or welded as only seamless vehicle cylinders are used for CNG.
- Never install a used cylinder which has been burnt/ damaged during riots or other terrorist activities. Such cylinder is weakened and may lead to serious accidents resulting in loss of precious lives.
- Never ask for refueling beyond the allowable maximum pressure of 200 Bars under any circumstances. In case any CNG station is found dispensing CNG at excess pressure, it may be reported to Central UP Gas Ltd for strict action against the station to ensure public safety.
- Cooperate with the CNG Station refueling staff for inspection of the vehicle cylinder at the time of refueling for your own as well as public safety.
- Get CNG cylinder test certificate from the CNG licensee/Retrofitter after conversion of vehicle to CNG.
- Do not smoke during refueling in the vehicle.
- Ensure that the CNG cylinder installed in the vehicle is within the periodic test life, which is 3 years as per the IS-8451.
In case the cylinder requires testing, either of the CYLINDER TESTING FACILTIES at the following addresses shall be contacted immediatley : –
- SWASTIK CNG TESTING COMPANY
Village, Shiv Singh Khera, Post -Shekhpuri Nari
Kanpur -Lucknow Highway, UNNAO, Uttar Pradesh-209862
Contact: +91- 8419821787 , +91-8808092541 and +91-9990650710
Contact Persons: Sh. P.D. Katiyar and Sh. Triloki Nath
- FMS PROJECTS PVT. LTD.
1464, Bhaunti, Kalpi Road, The Mall, Kanpur-208001
Phone and Fax-0512-2305883 Mobile: +91-9235443057